While clogged drains happen to multiple people, they certainly are not anything anyone wants to have to handle on their own. If the drain is completely blocked, the bathtub, shower sink, and toilet can all become full of water. Should this happen it is important to contact a plumber for drain inspections in Indianapolis IN.
Why Clogged Drains Happen
Clogged drains can happen for a numerous amount of reasons. Understanding why they happen can help to prevent to prevent any draining problems in the future.
* One of the main causes of a clogged drain is caused by an individual’s negligence. Kitchen drains may become clogged when food particles are not correctly disposed of by a garbage disposal or thrown away in a trash or compost receptacle. Cooking grease/oil can also cause a buildup in pipes.
* Toilets also may become clogged by use of excessive amounts of toilet paper or by flushing items that were not meant for the toilet. These items can range in variety from baby wipes to paper towels.
* Another cause of clogged drains is tree roots. Even the smallest crack or leak in the underground piping can attract tree root growth. Once the root has entered inside the pipe, they begin to establish themselves and continue to grow with the tree. Root growth causes obstruction of water flow and damage to the pipes.
Hiring a Plumber
While hiring a plumber for drain inspections may seem like an easy task, not all plumbers offer the same services. Here are a few tips to take into account when hiring a professional to inspect the home’s drains.
* Ask for proof of license. Almost every state requires a plumber to be licensed before performing services.
* An experienced company should provide references from previous customers. By contacting the customers directly or reading the reviews online, this will help to identify the reputation of the company.
* Receive at least three written estimates from three different companies. Providing documentation of proof is the most liable way of keeping things from going awry.
It is important to have drain inspections in Indianapolis IN performed quarterly. This is important for ensuring that the drains in the home are working properly. Inspections will also prevent future damage. Be sure to contact us today for more information on drain inspections, or to schedule an appointment.